- Economist – Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Research associate – Australian National University
- Research associate – Vietnam National University of Agriculture
- PhD in Economic Policy, Australian National University (ANU), 2010-2014
- Master of Environmental and Resource Economics, Australian National University (ANU), 2007
- Master of International and Development Economics, Australian National University (ANU), 2006
- Bachelor of Economic Law, Hanoi Law University, Vietnam, 2001
Dang Kim Khoi is an economist of the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Before joining the current organization, he was the Deputy Director of the Institute of Agricultural Market and Institution Research (AMI) under the Vietnam University of Agriculture. He also spent four years (2014-2018) as the Director of Agricultural Policy Centre in the Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agricultural and Rural Development, the think-tank of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Law from the Ha Noi University of Vietnam; two Master’s Degrees in Australian National University (ANU) in Environmental Economics, and International and Development Economics; and Ph.D. Degree in Policy Economics in the same university.
Dr. Dang is a senior researcher with rich experience and knowledge of agricultural and rural development policy and strategy in Vietnam and other ASEAN countries. In 20+ years of his career, he has paid attention to a wide range of research topics, including environment and natural resources management, climate change adaptation and mitigation, international integration and trade liberalization, market and value chain development, farmer organization and institutions, and agricultural growth and rural transformation in developing countries. Dr. Dang is particularly interested in quantitative studies using large-sample surveys, statistics, econometrics, and economic modelling. Dr. Dang has led and coordinated numerous studies at national and regional levels. He is also the author of several international publications, research, and policy reports.